Brochures form an integral part of the traditional printed marketing collateral, despite the growing popularity of online marketing initiatives. A well-designed brochure is very much a collectable item, not only for its captivating visual effects, but for the loads of product-specific information featured in it.
A few compelling reasons for companies to include brochures in their marketing arsenal:
- Brochures help capture the attention of potential customers, especially in the case of small and emerging businesses that are on a tight budget.
- They are both effective and pocket-friendly than product advertisements on magazines and newspapers, given the fact that prime space on print media is costly. Advertisement space is shared by several businesses competing for public attention, making it a challenge to really get noticed amongst the competition.
- Brochures or booklets, on the other hand, can focus entirely on the business and its offerings, thereby getting the undivided attention of all potential customers who browse through them. The key, however, is to make the content both interesting and informative, supporting it with appropriate images, and including a call to action.
- They are versatile pieces of printed information that can be used for promoting almost all types of products and services, and in different venues, right from reception desks of offices to promotional events. They are found in several formats such as menus, flyers, product guides, and newsletters, in addition to the conventional tri-fold style.
- Brochure printing services are definitely more cost-effective, given the discounts that are usually offered with bulk printing. The cost per brochure reportedly comes down with the number of prints. Regular customers also enjoy discounted brochure printing offers.
- Effective marketing campaigns are all about customer interactions. Brochures are simply just another way to interact with customers and generate leads for the sales teams to follow up.
- A printed brochure is any day easy to access and read when compared to content from an e-mail or a website.
Given the multi-fold benefits of using brochures for marketing purposes, it should be noted that the quality of design, content, images, the paper and the ink used for brochure printing is the key factor, which determines its effectiveness.
How to make your prospects hold onto your brochures
The “killer combination” that gets prospects to respond to your online content marketing. It is:
- Offer: give the prospect an opportunity that would interest them
- Incentive: give a reason to act “now” (rather than procrastinate)
- Action: explain how to take action.
This “killer combination” is the difference between a well-planned, well-written sales tool and just a piece of paper. And remember: your prospects won’t take action from behind a blue-lit computer screen all the time, that’s why brochures are still so important to businesses. Get in touch today if you would like to discuss your options.